We promote a modern drinking culture where our beverages are enjoyed responsibly. We enable consumers to make conscious, sustainable and healthier choices and provide transparent content information of our products. We partnership with local initiatives and take a serious stance towards alcohol misuse. We market our products responsibility and in compliance with applicable legislation.
Our goals 2030
- We will provide products and information for more responsible enjoyment
- By 2030 10% of our product portfolio will be low alcohol or non-alcoholic drinks
- By 2030 we have decreased the sugar content of our products by 10%
- By 2030, 10% of our product portfolio will be organic
- We will decrease the annual average alcoholic content of our own production
- By 2030 100% of our products will have the energy intake and ingredients & responsible drinking guidance available
- We will participate in initiatives promoting responsible drinking, such as Prata om Alkohol in Sweden
We at Altia are committed to promoting responsible drinking culture. Below you’ll find our company view on responsible alcohol consumption:
- We respect the right of adults to choose to drink alcohol beverages – or choose to not drink them.
- The majority of adult consumers enjoy alcohol products responsibly and with moderation in their social life.
- We take seriously the harm caused by alcohol misuse and support relevant public health measures in preventing and reducing this harm.
- In our view, alcohol products should be appropriately regulated. We believe the most effective measures to reduce the harmful use of alcohol are evidence-based, effective and target specific problems.
- We advocate responsible consumption and market our products according to laws.
- Alcohol is only for adults enjoying it responsibly. We are strongly against underage alcohol use.
Cooperation to promote responsible alcohol consumption
We work with other industry operators in our operating region to promote responsible alcohol consumption in practice. In Finland, the industry’s joint nautikohtuudella.fi (“enjoy responsibly”) website provides information on responsible alcohol consumption as well as when it's best to abstain from alcohol. The “Puhutaan alkoholista ” (“Let’s talk about alcohol”) programme is aimed at preventing alcohol consumption by minors and encouraging people to start consuming alcohol at an older age. In Sweden, we are participating the Prata om Alkohol initiative.
Altia’s other operating countries, except Norway, have similar joint programmes and websites maintained by industry operators. The country sites can be accessed via responsibledrinking.eu .
The marketing of alcoholic beverages is highly regulated in most of Altia’s operating countries. In addition to legal compliance, we are also committed to complying with the advertising standards issued by spiritsEUROPE, the European representative body of the alcohol industry. Altia’s marketing communications also advocate moderation in alcohol consumption. According to our internal marketing principles we do not:
- aim our marketing content at minors
- imply that drinking alcohol will make a person more successful or socially acceptable
- endorse drinking while driving
- portray irresponsible drinking in a positive light
- condemn anyone who chooses not to drink
- imply that drinking alcohol has medical benefits
- emphasise high alcohol content in our marketing