Quality, safety and environment principles
Management and implementation of quality, safety and environmental values are the most paramount for Altia. We are committed to continuous improvement of our operations considering the following principle requirements.
This policy is based on Altia’s Sustainability Roadmap, which sets out responsibility targets to year 2030 and is based on UN Sustainable Development Goals. Management and implementation of quality, safety and environmental values is part of our sustainability work and thus are the most paramount for Altia. We are committed to continuous improvement of our operations considering the following principle requirements.
In developing our operations and products, we pay attention to the wishes and needs of our stakeholders, consumer, especially our clients and partners. We produce added value by providing profitable, high-quality products and services while taking into consideration the safety and well-being of the environment and our employees.
- We ensure the safety of our own products and products marketed by us, when used in moderation.
- We aim to minimize our impact on environment and climate and strive for carbon-neutral production by year 2025.
- We use first-class and high-grade raw materials in our production process, for example groundwater and aim to decrease amount of wastewater.
- We particularly invest in:
- The effectiveness of our business processes
- Reducing scrapping
- Ensuring and continuously improving the safety and quality of raw materials and final products
- Efficient use and recycling of energy, natural resources and materials
- Preventing environmental degradation and reducing environmental impacts
- Developing packaging materials and solutions in accordance with the principle of sustainable development
- Reducing sickness absences and accidents, preventive occupational health care as well as reporting close calls and developing operations based on them
- We comply with the laws, regulations and industry codes of the countries in which we operate.
- The Executive Management Team, the management of each function as well as each employee within his/her sphere of influence is responsible for implementing these principles.
- We promote these principles in our whole supply chain.